Friday, April 13, 2012

Only If You Want To

As I mentioned a few weeks back, I have entered From Mum to Me in the Best Australian Blogs Competition. Now it could be said that Cadbury Creme Eggs makes me feel good and competitions make me feel nervous, but if I am serious about my craft, I need to put myself out there and allow my work to be judged.

The judges from The Sydney Writers' Centre will be judging the blogs based on certain criteria: writing (70%), appearance (20%) and social interaction (10%).  Hopefully they mean appearance of the blog, because I haven't brushed my hair in a week and there is a suspicious stain on my shoulder which is either Weetbix or boogies.  Not mine, I assure you.

However, if you are so inclined, you can vote in The People's Choice Award.  After all, it is you who actually read my blog, and make comments here and on my Facebook Page.  For that, I sincerely thank you.

Read, enjoy and if you like what you see - please vote. It will only take a minute. Think of it as an investment in future reading enjoyment - in those moments you find between making school lunches and wiping bottoms, between loads of washing and refereeing fights.

Voting closes Wednesday May 9th.  Click here to vote.  Go on, it's easy - From Mum to Me is on the second page. 

 

To get you started, here are some of my favourite posts from the past year and a half. 

The Brutal Truth About The Third Child

My Top 10 Tips to Surviving Interstate Travel With Kids

How to Torture A Pregnant Woman

A night out with a difference: McDonalds for Dinner

The joys of toilet training an unwilling child: Waiting For the Wee

The joys of home delivery: Aussie Farmers Direct Into My Heart

A very personal short story that was published in The West Australian: Kelley's Place

Why I Hate Dentists: Part 1 and Part 2

Getting sprung as a fraud: Genuine Gym Junkie

and something all mums will be able to count on: My Life By The Numbers


Click here to vote for From Mum to Me

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...